Is Reiki a type of Massage?
- Reiki is not massage
- Many massage practitioners have some Reiki training and may “offer Reiki” à la carte while performing a massage
- Reiki is not a manipulative system; Hands-on Reiki practice does not manipulate the body like most massage
Is Reiki chakra balancing energy medicine?
- Reiki is not energy medicine
- When used in this way, the term “energy” becomes jargon; it doesn’t speak to the conventional understanding of energy in an evidence-based (scientific) context
- Usage of this term also implies an interventionist paradigm as opposed the holistic nature and universal foundation of the system of Reiki
I hear Reiki is spiritual; does that make it a Religion?
- Reiki is not a Religion
- Reiki is a spiritual practice. Many people find the principles of Reiki to be relevant and peacefully coexisting with their religious practice.
- When asked if Reiki has any similarity to “hypnotism, Kiai method, religious method or any other methods” the founder himself answered: “No, there is no similarity to any of those methods. This method is to help body and spirit with intuitive power, which I’ve received after long and hard training.”
Should I see a doctor or is Reiki enough?
- Reiki is not a substitute for medical care
- Professional Reiki practitioners, do not diagnose conditions, prescribe medicine nor interfere with the medical treatment of a licensed health care professional.
- To do any of the above is not only outside of the scope of professional and credible Reiki practice, it is also illegal in the state of Michigan