Michigan Reiki Mission:
Michigan Reiki is founded on three tiers of function:
- To teach, practice, and promote the Japanese art and system of Reiki.
- To establish and promote credible, professional, and practical standards of Reiki practice.
- To serve as an reliable resource for students, professionals, health care establishments, and the health and wellness community of Michigan.
Founder: Andrew Anders
I am a professional Reiki teacher and liability insured Reiki practitioner trained in:
- Usui Reiki Ryoho as per Frans Stiene of the International House of Reiki (main tradition)
I am also a Certified Reiki Practitioner:
- Based on the Usui Shiki Reiki Ryoho tradition as per Robert Fueston of The Reiki Preservation Society
These two approaches to Usui’s Reiki method form the basis of my teaching style and treatment protocol.
I began my Reiki training and practice in earnest in 2005. I am an advocate for the sincere and credible communication and presentation of Reiki with emphasis on the roots and founding traditions of Usui Reiki Ryoho. My works, accomplishments, and activities include:
- Teaching Reiki classes at Washtenaw Community College (since 2009)
- Traveling to Tokyo, Japan for personal Reiki research (2015)
- Presenting for University of Michigan’s Neuroacanthocytosis Conference (2016)
- Lecture’s regularly for Washtenaw Community College’s seasonal open house (2016)
- Contributing author for the Crazy Wisdom Community Journal (2016)
Reiki Training background
I have attended in-person classes and training with the following teachers and their methods (in order starting with most recent):
- Usui Shiki Reiki Ryoho Certified Reiki Practitioner Course with Robert Fueston of The Reiki Preservation Society
- Usui Reiki Ryoho Shinpiden (Reiki Teacher) Seminar with Frans Stiene of the International House of Reiki
- Reiki and Medicine Intensive with Pamela Miles
- Beaumont Hospital Reiki Program with Julie Kusiak at the Royal Oak and Troy Beaumont Campus
- Usui Shiki Ryoho with Lourdes Gray of John Harvey Gray Center for Reiki Healing
- Usui/Tibetan Reiki with William Lee Rand of the International Center for Reiki Training
Other Training of note
In addition to the above formal Reiki training:
- I hold a 4th degree master instructor rank in Hoijeon Moosool, a Korean self-defense system
- I hold a 4th degree master instructor rank in Kukkiwon Taekwondo, a Korean martial art and sport
- I am acquainted with Shugendo via Koryū Shugen Honshū tradition
Lastly, I earn my bread as programmer/administrator at a local University.